First Playtest

Home Forums Development First Playtest

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Whisper 4 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    Feyd
    Feyd
    Keymaster

I started the first playtest this week and it went really well i thought. The game still needs some work but it’s definitely playable at the moment and did feel like a game of SR. :)

Whisper
    Participant

I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised by how well this first session went. The Cortex system is pretty easy to understand after a very short time of use and it lends itself well to the Shadowrun system. I think I’ll save any useful comments till after this first playtest adventure is over but what I will say (as an example) is even if you don’t have a totally relevant skill for a situation (like my character, Whisper) you can still in most circumtances make a decent skill attempt and sometimes even have a better result, albeit small, than those with that same relevant skill.

A word of warning though – just because you say your character can swim doesn’t mean they can scuba dive ;) Think carefully before acting people…think carefully. :)

Feyd
    Feyd
    Keymaster

Thanks! It’s good to know that it went down well!

The key concept is that it’s all about doing some cool! :)

Whisper
    Participant

And the great thing is that the concept is easy to follow if you just think a bit outside the box. In the normal game Whisper wouldn’t even normally consider using a handgun unless there was no other choice. In this game his chances of using it successfully are only slightly worse than a normal gun wielding character. The only way someone like him would lose out would be if he just didn’t give it a chance.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.