After a very long delay waiting patiently, I finally had a chance to playtest the current version of the rules with my regular gaming group! I’m very happy with the result; further confirming my belief that CORTEX PLUS is a brilliant system for running high octane action games. I ran the Free Taiwan Hack though we only got to the end of Scene 3.
There are definitely things I need to work on in the system, but it’s very playable at the moment.
Things I need to do:
- Update the adventure to reflect the most recent changes to the magic talents
- Consider what happens to additional cyberware when added (at the same level as the rest of the talent?)
- Spend some time documenting the differences between the Roles
- Review and add to the Physical Adept SFX.
- More Master Conjurer SFX (too powerful for begining Runners. A likely candidate for Initiates…)
If anyone has any questions be sure to ask in the Forum.
I will be updating the rules very soon!